FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WHEN DID AMERICA GO INSANE?


Pepe Le Pew fired from Warner Bros 

Amid Alleged Sexual Harassment Allegations


Silly, right?

But the Me Too Movement says classic movies and cartoons need to be re-examined 

for "toxic messages" within them that need to be edited.

They even singled out poor love-struck Pepe!


What's next?


ROAD RUNNER CARTOONS 
PULLED FROM 
WARNER BROTHERS 
FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY?

Jail time for Wilie E. Coyote?


Cartoons and movies are a product of their times.

The Crows in Disney's DUMBO 
would not "fly" with today's sensibilities 

nor would the Indians as portrayed in Disney's PETER PAN.

But I believe they were not meant to be insulting ...

though I do not recommend Disney to re-release SONG OF THE SOUTH -- 

that is hard for me to view today.

Mel Brooks has said that he could not film BLAZING SADDLES in today's thin-skinned culture 

even though he was satirizing racism, corrupt politics, and brutishness.  

Sigh.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

10 comments:

  1. That's a loaded question, and no matter how I answer it will offend someone. Climate change is the more important issue, with species dying and politicians denying. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem that protesters are waving their signs in front of the wrong problems these days. :-(

      Delete
  2. They are a product of the time and should not be changed or forgotten.
    Yeah, I've always said no way Blazing Saddles could be released today despite the fact he poked fun at racism and other issues in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we as a Nation have lost perspective somewhere along the way. Sigh. Thanks for visiting and commenting. :-)

      Delete
  3. I think Disney should re-release Song of the South, but ONLY in a limited-edition DVD with someone like Leonard Maltin introducing the film and "warning" the prospective audience that they were about to see something which was, as Alex said about the cartoons, "a product of the time."

    And did you hear about the mother in England who wants to keep pre-teens away from the story of Sleeping Beauty (any version, not just the Disney film), because the prince kisses the princess without asking first for her consent? Of course, if he'd waited for consent, she'd still be in that death-like sleep! (I know I left a blog comment about that somewhere fairly recently. I hope it wasn't yours, as I hate repeating myself.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the original Brothers Grimm tale was a bit ... out there. :-)

      Delete
  4. When did America go insane? The last bit of Sanity I can recall, was known as Camelot just prior to JFK'sill-fated day. That's the last blown sane memoir I recollect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem as if the innocence of America died that day along with JFK. :-(

      Delete